Wednesday 28 October 2020

Know Your Product, Know your Market - Starbucks literally used the environment to triumph

I must start off by saying that I did not start drinking coffee till I hit the age of 30 years of age! 

Why did I start drinking coffee at the age of 30 you may ask yourself, simple I had my second child at the age of 30 and I was so low on sleep mixed with 10 - 12 hour working days the caffeine hit was a no brainer as it gave me a boost, woke me up and actually made me feel better! 

This leads me onto the reason for this blog, I am mixing in how companies use my current situation above to provide a service or product and make eye watering profits to dominate and triumph. 

Keeping it short, if you sold coffee online, you literally just could target your online ads to new parents and/or single parents...... WHY? all you need to do is re-read my intro, I had a problem and you can provide me with the solution... Coffee.... get it? 

Today I am talking about Starbucks ☕☕ and why they started out in the selected location. 



Did you know Starbucks opened first in Seattle? 

Do you know why Starbucks initially opened in Seattle? 

Well.... some may say Starbucks knew their product and they knew their market! The thing is, Seattle in terms of seasons have very long and dark winters. 

What has this got to do with coffee you may  bethinking....? Well Long dark winters in places like Seattle meant people where/are depressed, no to little sunlight suffering from S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder) or Winter depression 🧊🥶❄ so people of Seattle are low in moral, so what do you you think the people of Seattle craved due to the long dark winters and low energy? Yep you guessed it Coffee! Now role in Starbucks 💲💲💲💲🤑🤑🤑💰💰💰💰

The above is a great business coaching tip/lesson, in order to triumph know the market, location, season, weather pattern depending on your product or service!

If the environment is causing an issue to people then it is your job to provide a service and solution, get this right and you do two things, 

1. You solve a problem for so many 

2. You create something magic 

BTW Starbucks are now worth $28 billion 😯 If you want a piece of this then start modelling the successful people and businesses, look for more solutions to provide, listen to peoples problems to see if you can provide a solution and you will have the next billion dollar business. 

Thank you for reading this article 

Gratitude, 

Do you want to turn your passion or hobby to profit ==> CLICK HERE <==

No comments:

Post a Comment