Wednesday 8 July 2020

The Difference Between A Coach & Mentor


I recently put out a post to why having a coach and/or mentor is important to succeed in business, life, a skill, passion etc etc... 
 
The main response I received was.....
"okay,  so what is the difference between a coach and a mentor?"
"Mentor & Coach is the same thing"
 
Keeping it as short as I could, below is my explanation to the difference between a coach and mentor..
 
Relationship: 
Coach, will be hands on working closely with you, weekly/frequent catch-ups, tell managing you what to do and how to do it. 
Mentor, helicopter view and hands off with less frequent communications, they will help you come to the conclusion by guiding you with deductive logic, but will not tell you what to do, will be more like why do you believe that was a good decision, help me understand, would you suggest, what if you tried x or y, what would be the outcome?
 
Time: 
Coach may only be needed for weeks to months before you more on
Mentor multiple months to years
 
Settings:
Coach, more formal meet-up, structure 
Mentor, Informal meet-up, structure 
 
Agenda:
Coach will set the agenda and structure 
Mentor, agenda set by you
 
Focus/approach:
Coach, straight and focused only on the goal/agenda 
Mentor,  holistic approach, bigger picture, mindset, thoughts, feelings etc
 
I hope the above made sense and you enjoyed my post, if you want to be coached on how to make money online fast why not jump onto my Webinar. 
 
                    ==============CLICK HERE==================




No comments:

Post a Comment